COMMUNITY BLOOD DRIVE AT SOUTH HILLS CHURCH:
Why Give Blood?
There is no substitute for blood. It has to come from one person in order to give to another. A critical number of voluntary donations are required every day to meet the need blood in our Level-1 trauma center, cancer facility, therapeutic transfusion areas and throughout the medical center. Cedars-Sinai needs nearly 2,000 units of blood a month, so your help is critical to saving lives.
- Sunday, October 13th from 8:00am until 2:00pm (every 15 min)
- PLEASE PRE-REGISTER. Click below to choose your time.
- A Mobile Collection Bus will be on-site. If pre-registered, check in inside the Community Room 15 minutes before your scheduled time. Walk-ins may be available.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR DONATING
- Be well hydrated, eat first & bring picture I.D. (driver’s license works best)
- Each donor will be provided with a complimentary health screenings prior to actually giving blood (temp, pulse, blood pressure reading, & iron check).
- You do not need to know your own blood type & will be given a way to find out your individual type for FREE within about a week after the event.
- Tattoos are now accepted! As long as the tattoo was done in a professional shop in CA and has healed thoroughly, there is no longer a one year waiting period.
- The majority of medications are not a problem (cholesterol, blood pressure, birth control, thyroid, antidepressants, even diabetics taking insulin can safely donate blood).