Thank you for your interest in leading a group at South Hills Burbank!
We know this is a big step, so we want to try to answer all of your questions.
WHAT ARE SOUTH HILLS GROUPS?
South Hills Groups are small groups of people who connect relationally and grow spiritually together. They can be sermon, video, book, interest or sports based.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
To become a South Hills Group leader you MUST…
– Have a personal and growing relationship with Jesus.
– Attend South Hills Church Sunday service regularly (in-person or online)
– Complete Discover 1 (if you have not, please sign-up for the next one at www.southhills.org/burbank/nextsteps)
– Attend South Hills Group Leader training (information will be emailed to you after you submit your application)
As a South Hills Groups leader, we ENCOURAGE…
– Previous involvement in a South Hills Group before facilitating your own group (some exceptions are made for interest-based groups)
– You to continue taking Next Steps including Coffee with Dave, Serving and Water Baptism.
WHAT IS THE COMMITMENT?
The commitment is at least one semester (8-10-weeks). There are breaks in-between each semester so you can decide if you want to continue.
WHAT DO WE TALK ABOUT?
It depends on the type of group you want to have. Sermon-based groups are provided discussion questions each week. Most video-based studies (ex. RightNow Media) come with discussion questions or a study guide, but we recommend previewing videos and questions before meeting. Interest or sports groups focus heavily on connection.
WHERE DO WE MEET?
Following current public health guidelines, you may meet virtually or consider an outdoor area for in-person meetings. If you prefer to meet in-person/outdoors and need assistance with a location, let us know!
1. Fill out an application below.
2. An email will be sent to you with Zoom South Hills Groups New Leader training information.
3. RSVP and attend the training.