PASTOR DAVE AND KARRIE STEWART
After much prayer, discussion and consideration, Dave and Karrie Stewart have decided to respond to the call of God of their lives and transition out of their role as the Campus Pastors of South Hills Burbank after 7 1/2 years of service. At the end of February, they will be moving their family back to Ohio and continuing the call of God on their lives there.
Normally, this information would be shared in a service, face to face and with a lot of tears (mostly by Pastor Dave). Unfortunately due to our current restrictions, this transition will feel very different for all of us. Please watch the video below so you have the correct information about what will be happening over the next few weeks.
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
How long did Dave and Karrie Stewart serve at South Hills Burbank?
- Dave and Karrie Stewart planted the South Hills Burbank Campus. They moved to Burbank in 2013, built a launch team and opened the doors for the first service on April 13, 2014.
Was this a decision by the church board and leadership team for them to step down?
- No, they were not asked or pressured to step down. This was a decision made by Dave and Karrie and has been something they have been processing with the Lord for some time.
Are there other reasons that Dave and Karrie are leaving?
- Dave and Karrie’s decision was not made due to a moral failure, incident, finances, pandemic or political fatigue, theological difference, issue of health or capacity. Rather, this is about hearing the call of God and having the faith to step out from something they deeply love to follow His plan.
Who is taking over now as Campus Pastor?
- The Senior Leadership and church board of South Hills Church will be providing an interim plan. The Burbank Campus has a wonderful staff and leadership team that is full of amazing leaders who will continue to serve alongside our Founding Pastor, Chris Sonksen, during this time of transition.
Did the Coronavirus have any influence in this decision?
- No. This was a decision Dave and Karrie have been processing for some time and the complexity of overseeing a church in the midst of COVID-19 was not a factor in their decision-making process.
What is next for Dave and Karrie?
- They are moving to Ohio to be around their extended families. Their children are excited for the chance to be around grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins again after 12 years of being away [in Arizona and California]. Dave will be joining the Lead Team at Rock City Church in the Central Ohio Area.