One of our 2021 goals as a church community is to take intentional steps to grow spiritually. Some of these resources are things the church offers, while others are available
One of our 2021 goals as a church community is to take intentional steps to grow spiritually. Some of these resources are things the church offers, while others are available for you to invest in as an individual. If you have any questions, please email our Next Steps Pastor Cathy Murphy.
- Discover Class One – Tuesday, January 26th (Click to Sign Up)
- Discover 1 provides a helpful look at how the Christian faith evolved throughout human history & why that matters today – specifically what the purpose and importance of the local church is. We’ll also unpack the vision & values we strive to embody at South Hills, explain a few of the fun quirks that make us unique, and outline how you can get more involved.
- Discover Class Two – Tuesday, February 16th (Click to Sign Up)
- In Discover 2 we teach how to arrange your everyday life in a way that will help your faith become enriched and deeply rooted in your life. We’ll discuss the power of ancient spiritual disciplines in a modern context & help you make a personal action plan to deepen your relationship with God.
- Read Every Day – (Click To Join The Reading Plan)
- Join the South Hills community in a reading plan throughout 2021. Sometimes we set big goals of reading the most Bible ever, and Read Every Day is focused on providing a framework to consistently and realistically read some scripture every day. Available in your web browser or on your smart phone.
- Infinitum Life (Click To Explore)
- This is a free website and app that combines scripture reading, prayer, and meditation.
Book and Reading Recommendations:
- The Deeply Formed Life – book by Rich Villodas
- Celebration of Discipline – book by Richard Foster
- You Are What You Love – book by James K.A. Smith
- Practicing The Way of Jesus – book by Mark Scandrette
- Emotionally Healthy Spirituality – Peter Scazzero
Year Around Event (2021)