“…IF YOU HAVE TWO SHIRTS, GIVE ONE TO THE POOR. IF YOU HAVE FOOD, SHARE IT WITH THOSE WHO ARE HUNGRY.” MARK 3:11
Why do we LOVE THE 818?
- To meet needs in our local community.
- To support organizations who help the poor, broken and hurting.
- To support the city of Burbank, schools and local events.
How do we LOVE THE 818?
- We are consistently looking for needs in our community.
- We offer Love the 818 serving weeks three times a year to mobilize hundreds of volunteers to do good in our community.
- We offer a variety of serving projects throughout the year.
- We make it easy for you and your family to serve. We do our best to offer opportunities for all ages and skill levels.
- Our serving projects are open to anyone…you don’t have to attend South Hills Burbank to serve.
august love the 818 week
- We are partnering with Burbank Housing for their annual Back to School Event from August 6-7. We need volunteers to help us by packing parent bags on August 6th and handing out backpacks on August 7th. To sign up, click HERE.
- We are partnering with the San Fernando Valley Rescue Mission by helping them meet the urgent needs for the individuals and families they serve. Check out their Amazon Wish List HERE. You can have the items shipped directly to SFVRM at 8756 Canby Ave, Northridge 91325.
- On August 10th we will be dropping off dinners to Ascencia and the Landing. For more information and to sign up to provide a food item, click HERE.
- On August 12th we will be partnering with our local schools by helping teachers get their classrooms ready for the start of the school year. To sign up, click HERE.