STARTING THE HIRING PROCESS
1. Do you have the green light to hire for this position from the Executive Pastor? If yes, keep reading! If not, do not pass go, do not collect $200, and come on back when you do.
2. Do you have a written job description? Do you need help writing one?
Templates available here (in a side bar with hiring resources)
3. Let the fun begin! You should now have an approved job description, how many hours per week, and an approved pay rate, if you do, let central help with the rest by emailing our central coordinator, the listed info at Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org she'll post the job and we'll go from there!
The Interview Process
Step 1: Phone Call Interview (for outside hires only)
This is a short and sweet interview that will filter out anyone who doesn’t share our core values.
Step 2: In person Interview (with direct report)
Campus Pastor will take candidates they chose to move forward with and do an in person interview. Helpful questions to ask can be found here.
Step 3: Group Interview (helpful questions to ask click here)
This is a great way to measure competency, character, and chemistry all at once!
· Campus pastor present to continue to measure character
· Central team member or SVT leader present to measure competency
· Campus Team member present to measure chemistry
This team should debrief any red flags or feedback right after interviews
Speaking Role? Worship Role?
If there is a level in which they can or should engage with their potential role we will have them do so. If this for a speaking role we will work with you to schedule a time to have them speak where appropriate. If this is for a worship leader role we will work with you to have them lead worship on a Sunday.
The Final Countdown
Our team will call all listed references on their resume
What’s Left? An interview with HR, (maybe with Executive Pastor) and a background check, which we will run for you.
Did they survive? HR extends the job offer! And we can start the onboarding process with Brianna.email@example.com
Additional Helpful Info:
Personality Assessments can be done with you and your team.
Used to further test compatibility and understand your candidate more fully. The enneagram is a test suggested for every serious candidate. You may purchase a test to send to your candidate at: https://www.enneagraminstitute.com/
Other suggested tests are Meyers Briggs and Strength Finders.